The section develops and maintains the following converter families:
- APOLO is a modular high power converter (720kW peak power) based on a building block rated 450V/450Apk.
- COMET is a low-medium power solution (60kW peak power) based on a building block rated 120V/250Apk.
- SATURN is a high power converter (595 kW continuous power) with enhanced withstand of electrical grid voltage perturbations.
- SIRIUS is a modular high power converter (720kW peak power) with an active input stage associated with energy storage elements in order to bound the Grid power to the RMS system loss.
- SYRACUSE is a high voltage diode rectifier power converter (1.7 MW peak power) comprising at its output a damped LC filter with a low cut-off frequency in order to smooth high power variation between RF amplifiers and the HV networks.
A number of general or special purpose boards/auxiliaries for power converters are also available.